The CRT began in 1989 at the urging of Camphill families searching for long-term financial security for their family members with special needs who lived in Camphill communities.
In 1993 Trustees voted to open applications to a broader range of individuals with special needs residing in the United States who have previous Camphill experience or share Camphill’s values. Residency or enrollment in a Camphill community is no longer a requirement. Consultation with prospective sponsors assures that the intentions for the use of the funds align with Camphill’s commitment to actively nurture lifelong human potential.
Support and Enrichment
Funds from the Trust could be used to cover:
- medical and dental expenses not covered by government benefits
- Medicare supplement premiums
- lift chairs or other specially-designed furniture
- legal advisors
- tools for a business
- vehicle repair
- vacation travel including companion accompaniment
- summer camp
- special therapies like painting, music, dance
- riding or karate lessons
- special celebrations and rituals such as anniversaries, Bar or Bat Mitzvahs